I’m a born and raised New Yorker. There are so many things I love about this city– there’s always something to do, there’s a restaurant, store, experience for everyone that suits exactly what they need, and it seems like you never have to travel more than five minutes to find what you are looking for. The city has it’s downsides too– the pressure here is immense, and the fact that there’s so much to do can be overwhelming and sometimes just too much. When I feel that way, I try to take a walk in the park and discover new gems that make NYC feel like a cozy home for me, one that happens to have a CBD hot cacao around the corner when I need it. The NYC wellness scene is growing every single day.
I created this map to show you my favorite spots in the city for wellness-related fun, sustainable living and shopping, and of course my favorite pizza and bagels (sometimes gluten ain’t so bad…). Whether you live in NYC or you are stopping through, I hope you find this guide helpful! I’ll continue to update the map with my favorite spots as I discover them, and leave your favorites in the comments and I can add them. And pro tip: click the icon on the top right to see a list of everything included on the map.
The Ultimate NYC Wellness and Sustainable Living Guide: An interactive Map
Some of my favorites include:
- The End Brooklyn for the famous unicorn latte and other adaptogen, functional mushroom, and superfood drinks
- abcV for vegetarian food beyond belief!
- Ancolie for zero-waste, healthy takeaway food (plus their jars are awesome to reuse!)
- Inday for healthy, innovative modern Indian lunch (everything is compostable)
- Chelsea Market for tons of wonderful food and gifts
- Ishta Yoga is my favorite yoga studio in the city
- The Strand bookstore I can get lost in for hours
- Sundays nail salon for non-toxic manicures and pedicures
- Perelandra for amazing organic, healthy bulk food options
Let me know your favorites and which ones you try out in the comments!